Friday, March 2, 2012

Cooking Class and Pigmy Kingfisher

Class went mostly well today.  The process that the other students were doing with slaughtering and processing the chickens was rather disturbing, but other than that it went quite well, I think.
They were very pretty chickens. 
Joshua helped out, including "scratching" the coconut on the mbuzi.

The highlight of my day was when the guards gave Joshua this Pigmy Kingfisher.  I think it must have ran into a window.
I
In Joshua's hand.
After quite a while and many pictures it flew a tiny bit and looked much better.
He is feeling better now.

It was then placed in a box and we were taking it back to our banda.  I was hoping it would be well enough to take care of itself.  I took it out of the box and it immediately flew to a nearby bush.  It looked so different and so much better than when we first saw it.  I am so thankful!  It is a beautiful bird.  
Pigmy Kingfisher after he felt much better and flew into the bush.

I am looking forward to Heaven when all the animals will be safe from us and other harm.  Then we can enjoy them all and they can enjoy us too!

We have 5 more days of class next week!
We have received another request for a change in paperwork, but I have sent that off.  That is the latest.  Thank you again for all the prayers and support.

1 comment:

  1. I guess your African pygmy kingfisher DID fare better than our golden-crowned kinglet.

    ReplyDelete